- No chemicals– When it’s time to extract the honey, rather than using chemicals to chase the bees out of the honey-filled frames, natural wood smoke is used to evacuate the bees out of the hives. Furthermore, Alexandre does not spray for mites. Instead, he first carefully and thoroughly cleans the hives. Then, a sticky tape is placed at the bottom of the hives, and when the hives are ‘smoked out’, any present mites drop down and fall onto the sticky tape.
- No heat-treatment – No heat treatment is employed whatsoever. In many cases, organic honey which is deemed to be “unpasteurized”, still receives some degree of heat treatment. For example: conventionally, a heated knife is used to cut the honey comb off the frame. Alexandre uses a clean, sharp knife that is not heated. Also, it is common practice to apply low heat at the final stages of the honey extraction, to remove any impurities. Alexandre, however, allows impurities to naturally rise to the surface; a traditional, low-tech way to filter the honey.
- Minimal Processing- To preserve the integrity of the honey, Alexandre chooses not to apply any unnatural force of speed in the honey extraction process. To extract honey from the comb, frames are inserted into a hand-driven centrifugal extractor.
- Care for the Bees- The beekeeping practices employed by Alexandre are done with careful consideration of the health and well-being of the bees. Without exception, the bees are never fed sugar water, and a sufficient supply of honey is left in the comb, for bee health and survival during winter.For more information about Alexandre and his honey, you can visit his website at www.honey4myhoney.com.
Pure Raw Honey-different flavours 500g
$19.00 – $25.00
- Raw honey is honey that is pure, unheated, unpasteurized and unprocessed
- Contains flavonoids, antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease
- Honey is antibacterial because the bees add an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide
- Its exact combination of fructose and glucose help the body regulate blood sugar levels