Organic Blueberry Powder is said to offer a range of health benefits. Blueberry powder is made by extracting and squeezing the pulp, skin, and seeds of the berries using a low thermal, freeze-drying method.
- Nutritional Profile – Organic blueberry powder is often touted as a rich source of antioxidants. Contains calcium, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorous. Also present in trace amounts are copper, manganese, iron, and zinc
- Health Benefits- Organic blueberry powder has application in both alternative and official medicine. Although It stimulates the removal of toxic substances and toxins from the body, it also reduces cholesterol in the blood. Preliminary studies suggest that blueberry powder may improve insulin resistance and glucose tolerance. One of the powerful antioxidants present in blueberry powder includes anthocyanins. These anthocyanins protect cells from the damaging effects of free radicals, which can lead to chronic conditions like heart disease, stroke, and cancer. Antioxidants reduce inflammation and help to boost the body’s immune system. Besides, blueberry powders are also packed with phytonutrients and have increased bioavailability when consumed in powder form. In addition to the above, blueberries may improve short-term memory loss and ameliorate age-related declines in cognitive function.
- Usage – Organic Blueberry Powder can be used in several ways in the diet. The recommended serving is 1-2 tablespoons. Blend dried blueberry powder with other fruits for a refreshing smoothie. It can also be mixed with oatmeal, yogurt, sauces, and juices. Incorporate it in the baking of muffins, cakes and other desserts for a blueberry taste.
- Storage- Store at room temperature for up to 1 year.
- Important fact- Antioxidants are not destroyed through the process of extracting fruit and producing a powder. Thus, you still reap the benefits you would get from eating fresh blueberries.